News | Events
ASnA journal editor
- Created: 18 October 2017
Dear ASnA Member
Anthropology Southern Africa would like to advertise one vacancy for an editor for a three year period.
An editor should:
- have a reasonably well-established portfolio of peer-reviewed publications.
- have the ability to judge submissions, weigh up conflicting reviews and give directions to authors on how to improve a piece for publication.
- have excellent communication skills in order to work with both senior and junior scholars from different backgrounds.
- have excellent time-management skills.
- have good local, regional and international networks on which they can depend to solicit reviews, new material and to promote the journal.
- value collegiality as they will be working with two other editors, an editorial assistant, an Editorial Board and a production-, publishing- and marketing team.
- have reliable access to the internet, be practiced in using text-processing tools in Word and feel comfortable to learn to work with the online submission system.
- be a creative thinker who develops new approaches, and new ways of doing things in order to develop the journal's vision further, and to produce and market an even better journal of Southern African anthropology.
To apply, please send a short motivational letter and your curriculum vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org by 24 October 2017.